frequently asked questions
what is involved in an inspection?
During an inspection, we will:
- Discuss the current installation you drive-in with
- Remove and re-install the car seat, if necessary
- Discuss how to get a proper install every time, so you can feel confident installing seats
- Discuss best practices around car safety for children – are there hazards in your car you’re unaware of?
how long does it take?
An inspection can take between 45 minutes to 2+ hours depending on complexity.
what if I’m not strong like a firefighter?
It’s a common misconception that you need to be a large and muscular to install a car seat. Holly is 5’1″ and can assure you, small people can, too!
do you charge a fee?
Appointments are by-donation.
where do we meet up?
We ask that you meet us somewhere that is convenient for our families so we’re not away for too long while volunteering. This is often a community space close to home, or sometimes our driveway.
We do not travel for seat checks.
what should I bring?
To ensure an optimal installation, please bring with you:
- A manual for your car seat
- A manual for your vehicle
- If possible, the occupant(s) of the car seat(s) so we can ensure the harness is correctly adjusted