frequently asked questions
what is involved in an inspection?
During an inspection, we will:
- Discuss the current installation you drive-in with
- Remove and re-install the car seat, if necessary
- Discuss how to get a proper install every time, so you can feel confident installing seats
- Discuss best practices around car safety for children – are there hazards in your car you’re unaware of?
how long does it take?
An inspection typically takes between 30-45 minutes depending on complexity. Allow an additional 15 minutes for each subsequent seat check.
what if I’m not strong like a firefighter?
It’s a common misconception that you need to be a large, muscular man to install a car seat. Holly is 5’1″ and can assure you, small people can, too!
do you charge a fee?
Some technicians charge a fee or accept a minimum donation.
Some are volunteering. Volunteers accept donations, but they are not expected.
Please check with your requested technician.
where do we meet up?
We ask that you meet us somewhere that is convenient for our families so we’re not away for too long while volunteering. This is often a community space close to home, or sometimes our driveway.
We do not travel for seat checks.
what should I bring?
To ensure an optimal installation, please bring with you:
- A manual for your car seat
- A manual for your vehicle
- If possible, the occupant(s) of the car seat(s) so we can ensure the harness is correctly adjusted